[100% OFF] Power BI DAX secrets – (Learn DAX formulas for Power BI)
What you Will learn ?
- You will learn core concepts of DAX (Data Analysis Expressions)
- How to write DAX formulas
- How context works in Power BI that include Row context & Filter context
- What is context transition in Power BI
- Secrets of magic function Calculate and its practical usage
- Aggregated & Table functions
- How to deal with relationships in Power BI
- Error handling
- Time intelligence functions in Power BI
What is DAX in Power BI?
DAX stands for Data Analysis Expressions i.e. such expressions or formulas that are used for data analysis and calculations. These expressions are a collection and combination of functions, operators, and constants that are evaluated as one formula to produce results (value or values). DAX formulas are very useful in BI tools like Power BI as they help data analysts to use the data sets they have to the fullest potential.
Why learn DAX is important?
Learning DAX is essential to build dynamic dashboards. It uses in Power BI desktop, SQL Server Analysis Services (Tabular mode), and Microsoft Excel. It is a formula language that needs tables to perform calculations.
Soul of Power BI
The core of learning Power BI DAX is its context. There are two types of contexts, the first one is the filter context, and the second one is the row context. These context works together whenever you write any dax expression. I will explain these contexts with the help of simple examples. If you have solid concepts regarding filter context, row context, and context transition, then you can solve any complexity quickly.
With the help of the DAX language, analysts can discover new ways to calculate data values they have and come up with fresh insights.
In this course, you will learn the core concepts of dax language. For the simple dashboards, you can get your results without writing single dax formula but for the advanced calculations, you really need to learn dax with its core concepts.
DAX is a really easy language to write but a bit hard to grasp in the beginning. Once you learn DAX underlying theory then it is easy to write any formula and you can play with multiple nested contexts.
With every topic, first, we will discuss hidden concepts and then we will do its implementation.
I am your instructor Muhammad Asif Microsoft certified solutions expert in data management & Analytics. I have more than 10 years of experience in Microsoft BI stack with world-leading financial Firm. You will learn what exactly is used in the industry.
let’s proceed to learn the secrets of DAX
- Students should have little bit knowledge about Power BI, Excel etc.
- You need to download latest version of Power BI(free)
- You should have the right pasion & willingness to learn DAX and practice.
Coupon Code : DISCUDEMY.COM